The future of work increasingly looks like the past. Yet how can we separate all the hype from the real, organic changes happening on the labour market? In this podcast, we won’t be speaking about robots, but about the employment relationship, and what a more diverse, more complex labour market means for policy makers, employers and workers.
What are some of the major shifts in the New World of Work?
- Labour markets are becoming increasingly complex and diverse
- The global working population has doubled in the past 30 years with India, China and former USSR countries joining the global labour market
- De-standardisation of the employment relationship – moving away from the norm of full time, open ended contracts
- Development of new forms of work (part-time, fixed-term, agency, temporary contracts)
- The transition between different forms is much more fluid and quicker (from employment to freelance, at the same time having a full-time job but launching a startup)
Le podcast (en anglais) peut être lu ici